Our reputation for excellence has been earned by diligent involvement in the development of international standards and test methodologies.
Our laboratory has a strong history of working with domestic and international committees to establish Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) in any area our customers require compliance. EMC tests can be performed and certified to numerous specifications in over 30 different countries including the U.S., Canada, the European Union, Australia, and many South American countries.
We are designated by the FCC as a Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB). This designation has allowed us to issue hundreds of FCC Grants of certification for our customers and associate laboratories. TCB also allows us to grant certification in less than a week and our scope includes most cellular and PCS handsets that require SAR testing.
We are accredited for EMC Testing by:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) under the NVLAP systems, (Santa Clara: NVLAP LAB CODE 200445-0, Baltimore: NVLAP LAB CODE 100273-0)
- A2LA (Baltimore: #0591-01, Union City: #0591-02, Austin: #0591.06)
- European Competent Bodies
- NIST as a Conformity Assessment Body (CAB). As a CAB, MET can serve as a Competent Body for the European EMC Directive, and as a Notified Body for the R&TTE Directive.
We are recognized by Industry Canada to act as a CAB/CB for Category 1 radio equipment.
We have official notice from NIST of its recognition by Industry Canada to act as a conformity assessment body/certification body (CAB/CB) to approve equipment under Appendix C, Phase II of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Tel MRA.
This designation covers equipment subject to conditions specified for telecommunication equipment in the Canadian document CB-02. Manufacturers of Category 1 radio equipment can rely on MET for Canadian certification requirements. Canada considers all receivers that tune between 30MHz and 960MHz as Category I radio equipment and thus requires certification of more receivers than does the FCC.
Current Accreditations and Recognitions
- Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) – OSHA
- Standard Council of Canada (SCC)
- National Certification Body (NCB) – IECEE
- EPA-Recognized ENERGY STAR Certification Body (CB) and Test Laboratory
- California Energy Commission (CEC)
- American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA)
- National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) – NIST
- Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB) – Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- International Safe Transit Association (ISTA)
- Verizon ITL Independent Testing Laboratory
- Designated U.S. Conformity Assessment Body (CAB)
- Defense Industrial Supply Center (DISC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Industry Canada – Terminal Attachment Program
- Measurement Canada
- Voluntary Council for Control of Interference (VCCI) (Japan)
- Recognized by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- The Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI)
- Radio Research Agency of the Korea Communications Commission (RRA/KCC)
- Ministry of Information and Communication for Vietnam (MIC)
- EPCglobal Inc,™ official test lab for Hardware/Software Certification Program
Baltimore Testing Cert #0591.01
Baltimore Product CB Cert #5091.03
Baltimore Testing Cert #0591.04
Union City/Santa Clara Testing Cert #0591.02
Union City/Santa Clara Testing Cert #0591.05
Austin Testing Cert #0591.06