MET Laboratories is active in the following product certification programs:
- Product Safety Certification for NRTL (U.S.), SCC (Canada), and CB Scheme (Global)
- FCC Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB) and Industry Canada Certification Body (CB) Programs
- EPA ENERGY STAR Third-Party Certification
Although product certification may appear arduous, there are elements that are common to each certification program. MET’s experts make certification as simple as possible and help you navigate each step of the process.
MET’s 8-Step Certification Process:
- Applicants contact MET Laboratories requesting information for certification services.
- MET reviews product information to confirm it can perform the certification and provides the Applicant a Quote for Certification Services.
- The Applicant provides MET Laboratories a purchase order, technical documentation, a product sample, and other information required by the specific certification scheme.
- MET Laboratories sends the Applicant a Certification Agreement Package specific to the intended certification scheme and begins testing and/or evaluation of the product or submitted technical materials.
- The Applicant returns the signed agreements package.
- MET Laboratories concludes evaluation of the product. Upon resolution of any findings, if any, the application and product information is presented to the specific program’s certification committee.
- Following approval by the Certification Committee, MET prepares certification paperwork making available any certificates, grants, or other data to the applicant and regulatory agencies as may be required.
- MET Laboratories later begins surveillance of the product for continued compliance and certification. This may take the form of factory inspections or randomized testing depending on the post-market surveillance requirements of the product’s certification.