WHAT WILL YOU DO?Responsibilities of Include:
- Interpret safety standards and apply the requirements to products under investigation.
- Create and implement test procedures.
- Conduct tests in accordance with standards and procedures, record results.
- Prepare certification reports and related documents.
- Provide technical oversight to product safety engineers and technicians
- Review work prepared by other staff engineers
WHAT DO YOU NEED?Requirements for :
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the process of product safety certification, evaluation and testing, particularly as it pertains to products used in classified hazardous locations.
- A working knowledge of UL/IEC/EN 60079 series, UL913, UL1203 etc.
- A working knowledge of laboratory testing techniques and measurements.
- A working knowledge of NRTL, ATEX and IECEx certification process
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills, being able to both interface well with clients, and write certification reports.
- The candidate must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Applicants with experience with another NRTL and experience with hazardous location product safety standards will have a better chance of success
- A BSEE or a similar degree in a closely related field is strongly desired.
- Some travel and flexible work schedules may be necessary from time to time.This is a full time position and MET is an equal opportunity employer.Interested and qualified applicants may send their resume in MS Word format AND salary requirements to MET’s HR Recruiter.
Candidates willing to relocate will be considered.
I certify that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.