Hazardous Location Product Safety Engineers
Hazardous Location Product Safety Engineers – Experienced engineers needed for Austin, Texas
MET Laboratories, Inc., is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com
Our Product Safety Lab in Austin, Texas have immediate openings for experienced hazardous location product safety engineers.
- Interpret safety standards and apply the requirements to products under investigation.
- Create and implement test procedures.
- Conduct tests in accordance with standards and procedures, record results.
- Prepare certification reports and related documents.
- Provide technical oversight to product safety engineers and technicians
- Review work prepared by other staff engineers
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the process of product safety certification, evaluation and testing, particularly as it pertains to products used in classified hazardous locations.
- A working knowledge of UL/IEC/EN 60079 series, UL913, UL1203 etc.
- A working knowledge of laboratory testing techniques and measurements.
- A working knowledge of NRTL, ATEX and IECEx certification process
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills, being able to both interface well with clients, and write certification reports.
- The candidate must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Applicants with experience with another NRTL and experience with hazardous location product safety standards will have a better chance of success.
- Candidates with hazardous location equipment experience are preferred!
Minimum Education Requirements:
A BSEE or a similar degree in a closely related field is strongly desired.
Some travel and flexible work schedules may be necessary from time to time.
This is a full time position and MET is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified applicants may send their resume in MS Word format AND salary requirements to email@example.com
Please indicate preferred location and whether or not you are willing to relocate.