Position: Product Safety Engineer – Entry Level
Product Safety Lab
Location: Baltimore, MD
Our Product Safety Lab in Baltimore has immediate openings for entry level product safety engineers.
- Interpret safety standards and apply the requirements to electrical products under investigation.
- Create and implement test plans.
- Conduct tests in accordance with standards and procedures, record results.
- Prepare certification reports and related documents.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and with clients.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the process of product safety certification, evaluation and testing; however, good entry level candidates will be trained.
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills, being able to both interface well with clients, and write certification reports.
- The candidate must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Applicants with experience with another NRTL will have a better chance of success.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- A BSEE or similar degree in a closely related field is strongly desired
Some travel time and flexible work schedules may be necessary from time to time.
This is a full time position and MET is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified applicants may send their resume in MS Word format AND salary requirements to MET’s HR Recruiter.
Please indicate preferred location and whether or not you are willing to relocate.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.