On February 15, 2013 the national Russian certification system GOST R and national Russian technical regulation “On Safety of Machinery Equipment” (Russian government order N 753 of September 15, 2009) were withdrawn.
Simultaneously, the new Customs Union Technical Regulation (CU TR) for most electrical products was enforced in Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Earlier issued GOST R certificates will be valid until March 15, 2015. After that, the new EAC mark must be used.
There are a number of changes in the CU TR for manufacturers of mass-produced products. Here are a couple of the most significant:
- The certification applicant must have a formal relationship (contract) with a Russian representative legal entity. With GOST, this was not required.
- Mandatory factory audits are performed by a Russian certification body. With GOST, a test lab could do this.
Following is a list of new Customs Union Technical Regulations for electrical products (all in Russian):
- On the Safety of Low-Voltage Equipment
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- On Safety of Machinery Equipment
- On Safety of Equipment for Explosive Atmospheres
- Safety of Lifts
- On Safety of Equipment Operating on Gaseous Fuels