MET's Fiber Optics Test Lab provides performance and reliability testing of active and passive optical components in accordance with numerous national and international standards, including telecom, military, aerospace and other industry standards.
- MET tests both multimode and single mode fiber optic components and cables.
- Labs on both coasts provide a broad range of test and measurement services, so testing programs can be tailored to your specific needs.
Get a quote for fiber optic testing and certification.
Find out more about MET’s capability in these specialized areas of fiber optics testing:
MET performs fiber optics component and cable testing in accordance with many SAE standards such as:
- AS5382 – Fiber optics cable
- AS5675 – Cable assemblies
- MA 5405 – Splices
- AS 5590 – Connectors
As the automobile industry is rapidly deploying optical fibers, including plastic optical fibers, MET Laboratories launched a new program for complete testing and failure analysis of plastic optical fibers and components using plastic fibers.
MET does a very broad range of qualification and failure analysis of active fiber optics components as well. Our capabilities keep increasing with the growing industry demands. Our testing and measurement capabilities start from 155 Gb/s to GPON and expand to 40 Gb/s with FEC
Currently MET is testing a full range of active fiber optics components such as:
- Optical transmitters
- Optical receivers (digital and analog)
- Transceivers: SFP, SFF, GBIC, etc.
- Lasers, LEDs
- External modulators
- Digital/analog transceivers (Triplexors)
MET's state-of-the-art ESD capabilities include:
- Fiber/connector end-face geometry via a Norland NC-3000 non-contacting interferometric measurement system.
- Tensile/Compression and other mechanical stress related testing via an Instron mechanical testing system.
- 100-channel SM active monitoring test system. Bi-directional, multi-wavelength with insertion loss, RL and PDL capabilities.
- In-situ monitoring, multi-channel, automated swept wavelength system. C and L bands (S band if required). Can monitor all requirements specified in GR-1209 and GR-1221 along with actively monitoring Peak and Center Wavelength, Bandwidth, Flatness, Crosstalk and PDL.
Please contact our sales department or engineering staff for special needs: 410.354.3300
Some of MET's Fiber Optic Testing Clients