MET has the facilities, accreditations and experience to accurately and efficiently perform testing to a wide range of military and aerospace specifications, including the latest lightning tests.
How is MET uniquely qualified to meet your airborne equipment testing requirements?
- Full service laboratories in Maryland, California and Texas
- Secure facilities
- Highly-trained personnel
- One-stop-shop for EMC & Environmental Simulation requirements
MET Labs is NVLAP- or A2LA-accredited to perform RTCA/DO160 Commercial Aircraft Product testing to RTCA/DO-160D (1997), RTCA/DO-160E (2005) & RTCA/DO-160F (2007).
RTCA/DO-160 Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- Section 4 - Temperature and Altitude
- Section 5 - Temperature Variation
- Section 6 - Humidity
- Section 7 - Operational Shocks and Crash Safety
- Section 8 - Vibration
- Section 9 - Explosion Proofness
- Section 10 - Water Proofness
- Section 11 - Fluids Susceptibility
- Section 12 - Sand and Dust
- Section 13 - Fungus Resistance
- Section 14 - Salt Spray
- Section 15 - Magnetic Effect
- Section 16 - Power Input
- Section 17 - Voltage Spike
- Section 18 - Audio Frequency Conducted Suspceptibility - Power Inputs
- Section 19 - Induced Signal Susceptibility
- Section 20 - Radio Frequency Susceptibility (Radiated and Conducted)
- Section 22 - Lightning Induced Transient Susceptibility
- Section 24 - Icing
- Section 25 - Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
MET also tests to proprietary aircraft manufacturer standards:
HIRF Testing (High Intensity Radiated Fields)
High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) testing is a form of EMC testing applicable to equipment that is subject to extreme electromagnetic environments or critical equipment whose failure would be hazardous to human safety.
HIRF requirements are applied to ensure that the aircraft electrical and electronic systems are able to continue safe operation without failure.
HIRF specifications that MET performs:
- FAA HIRF Rule & Advisory Circular 20-158
- Boeing Requirements
- Airbus Requirements
Some of MET's RTCA/DO Testing customers: