HALT/HASS is used in the electronics industry to determine the reliability of a product through accelerated life testing. The twin main stresses employed during HALT/ HASS are rapid temperature transitions and random vibration. This double dose of extreme exposure will reveal defects most likely to occur in the field, in real-life application.
||Our HALT/HASS Qualmark Typhoon 2.5 chamber has a temperature range of +200°C to -100°C, with a max ramp rate of >60°C/min. It has a vibration range of 50 Grms (10Hz to 5kHz) and 60 Grms (10Hz to 1kHz). It is the ideal test chamber for both Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) and Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) applications.
How does HALT benefit you? Through the HALT evaluation you will be able to:
- Quickly discover design and process flaws
- Evaluate and improve design margins
- Reduce development time and cost
- Eliminate design problems before releasing to manufacturing
- Ship a mature product at market introduction
- Guarantee a much lower product infant mortality rate
- Use as a sustaining engineering tool to evaluate the impact of product modifications and cost reductions
- Reduce claims under your product warranty
Let MET design a HALT program for you.
Get a quote for HALT/HASS evaluation.
“Very nice presentation yesterday on HALT testing! We do HALT testing in-house and follow similar procedures. You did a good job of explaining it.”
Carl Peridier, Senior Staff Reliability Engineer