In alliance with UK-based TRaC Global (IECEx Certified Body), MET offers testing, certification and product inspection services under the IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme, via an innovative Harmonised International Ex Testing Program. The program harmonises test processes, engineering skill sets, and administration to ensure a consistent approach to securing all recognised approvals for potentially explosive atmosphere and hazardous locations. The program also cuts significant time off the certification process, rendering approvals in weeks instead of months.
For IECEx certification, MET will support the constructional evaluation process and arrange the test program at TRaC. Find out more information on TRaC and IECEx.
MET also offers hazardous location certification for the U.S. and Canada, and for the ATEX Directive in Europe.
MET offers certification services to the following IECEx standards:
- IEC 60079-0 Part 0: Equipment General requirements
- IEC 60079-1 Part 1: Equipment protection by flameproof enclosures 'd'
- IEC 60079-2 Part 2: Equipment protection by pressurized enclosures 'p'
- IEC 60079-7 Part 7: Equipment protection by increased safety 'e'
- IEC 60079-11 Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety 'i'
- IEC 60079-15 Part 15: Construction, test and marking of type of protection "n" electrical apparatus
- IEC 60079-18 Part 18: Construction, test and marking of type of protection encapsulation 'm' electrical apparatus
- IEC 60079-26 Part 26: Equipment with equipment protection level (EPL) Ga
- IEC 60079-31 Part 31: Equipment dust ignition protection by enclosure "t"
- IEC 61241-0 Part 0: General requirements
- IEC 61241-1 Part 1: Protection by enclosures 'tD'
- IEC 61241- 4 Part 4: Type of protection 'pD'
- IEC 61241-11 Part 11: Protection by intrinsic safety 'iD'
- IEC 61241-18 Part 18: Protection by encapsulation 'mD'