MET Labs is an Explosive Atmosphere Test Laboratory (ExTL) under ExCB TRaC Global. MET performs local IECEx testing in North America (a rare capability among U.S.-based labs), with certification completed by partner TRaC.
This MET-TRaC partnership cuts significant time off the certification process, rendering approvals in weeks instead of months.
IECEx certification for Ex atmospheres equipment is accepted in 31 countries.
MET also offers hazardous location certification for the U.S. and Canada, and for the ATEX Directive in Europe.
Jointly with TRaC, MET offers testing and certification services to the following IECEx standards:
- IEC 60079-0 Part 0: Equipment General requirements
- IEC 60079-1 Part 1: Equipment protection by flameproof enclosures 'd'
- IEC 60079-2 Part 2: Equipment protection by pressurized enclosures 'p'
- IEC 60079-7 Part 7: Equipment protection by increased safety 'e'
- IEC 60079-11 Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety 'i'
- IEC 60079-15 Part 15: Construction, test and marking of type of protection "n" electrical apparatus
- IEC 60079-18 Part 18: Construction, test and marking of type of protection encapsulation 'm' electrical apparatus
- IEC 60079-26 Part 26: Equipment with equipment protection level (EPL) Ga
- IEC 60079-31 Part 31: Equipment dust ignition protection by enclosure "t"
- IEC 61241-0 Part 0: General requirements
- IEC 61241-1 Part 1: Protection by enclosures 'tD'
- IEC 61241- 4 Part 4: Type of protection 'pD'
- IEC 61241-11 Part 11: Protection by intrinsic safety 'iD'
- IEC 61241-18 Part 18: Protection by encapsulation 'mD'