In alliance with UK-based TRaC Global (ATEX Notified Body), MET offers testing, certification and product inspection services under the ATEX Directive, via an innovative Harmonised International Ex Testing Program. The program harmonises test processes, engineering skill sets, and administration to ensure a consistent approach to securing all recognised approvals for potentially explosive atmosphere and hazardous locations. The program also cuts significant time off the certification process, rendering approvals in weeks instead of months.
MET is one of only a few Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) and CBs accredited to certify products intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres in both the US and Canada. MET can conduct an investigation in accordance with the applicable EN standards simultaneously with a US and Canadian certification project. For ATEX certification only, MET performs the evaluation and testing, and submits the data to TRaC for certification. Find out more information on TRaC and ATEX.
MET also offers IECEx Certification.
Read about how MET is uniquely qualified to test and certify hazardous location products.
MET offers certification services to the following EU ATEX standards:
- EN 60079-0 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 0: General Requirements
- EN 60079-1 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 1: Flameproof Enclosures "d"
- EN 60079-2 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 2: Pressurized Enclosures "p"-Second Edition
- EN 60079-7 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 7: Increased Safety "e"-First Edition
- EN 60079-11 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 11: Intrinsic Safety "i"
- EN 60079-15 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 15: Electrical Apparatus with Type of Protection "n"
- EN 60079-28 Explosive Atmospheres. Protection of Equipment and Transmission Systems Using Optical Radiation
- EN 60079-31 Explosive Atmospheres. Equipment Dust Ignition Protection by Enclosure "t"