The MET Sign Shop Program is for Sign Shops seeking listing of their electrical/electronic signs to:
• UL48 and NEC (National Electrical Code) For U.S.
• CSA 22.2 No. 207 and CEC (Canadian Electrical Code) for Canada
What is covered by the MET Sign Shop Program?
- All signs regardless of voltage that are electrically operated and/or electrically illuminated.
- Illumination: incandescent, fluorescent, high intensity discharge (HID), electric discharge tubing including neon tubing, light-emitting diode (LED), skeleton neon tubing, cold-cathode lamps, and electroluminescence. .
- The term “sign” includes signs, outline lighting, art forms, and skeleton neon tubing.
Specifically, these types of signs are included:
Electrically or mechanically animated signs
Signs supplied by photovoltaic systems and other independent power sources
Changing message signs
- Liquid Crystal display (LCD)
- Light-emitting diode (LED) type and
- Other electrically operated signs that are not, necessarily, illuminated
Using another listing agent? We make conversions easy! For a quick quote or more information, contact Jim McDonald, Business Development – Safety Field Services, by email or phone: 410.354.3300
Sign Shop Training
MET provides an on-site training class that includes a page-by-page review of UL48. The MET class is convenient and cost-effective – we travel to your location on a day that is convenient to you, for one price (no per-person charges). Discover the MET difference, contact us today.