MET Labs is a recognized member in the IECEE Certification Body Scheme (CB Scheme). As a recognized member, MET performs testing and provides an international test certificate which can be used to obtain product safety certification in the participating member countries. There are presently more than 50 countries participating in the scheme.
MET is a recognized member of the IECEE to issue test reports and certificates and also to recognize such reports and certificates from other participating countries for the following International Standards:
- IEC 61010-1 (MEAS): Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use – Part 1: General requirements
- IEC 60601-1 (MED): Medical electrical equipment – Part 1: General requirements for safety – 4. Collateral standard: Programmable electrical medical systems
- IEC 60950-1 (OFF): Information technology equipment – Safety – Part 1: General requirements
- IEC 60065 (TRON): Safety requirements for mains operated electronic and related apparatus for household and similar general use
Additionally, MET is a recognized National Certifying Body (NCB) within the CB scheme for the review and recognition of test reports to:
- IEC 60745-1 & -2 (TOOL): Safety of hand-held motor-operated electric tools and fifteen subsets of this standard that cover various hand-held electric motorized tools such as drills, saws, planes, routers and trimmers
- IEC 60204-1 & 60335-2-3 (HOUS): Household and similar electrical appliances
MET also offers IECEx Certification for products intended for use in explosive atmospheres.