Engineering Research and Development
Having performed thousands of Test & Evaluation programs, MET offers the perspective gained to design and establish technologically feasible and economically justifiable solutions to electrical and mechanical performance requirements.
MET’s Engineering Research and Development Services include:
- Requirement Analysis
- Test Procedure Development
- Comparison testing and claim substantiation
- Electrical safety, EMI/RFI, Reliability and energy efficiency failure assistance
- Performance validation and verification, and reliability improvement
Product Safety Testing
As prescribed in NFPA 790 and 791, MET’s Field Inspectors evaluate Electrical Equipment for Fire, Shock, Mechanical Hazards, Energy Hazards, Chemical Hazards and Radiation Hazards, in accordance with the appropriate UL / ANSI standards.
Additionally, MET is the Nation’s first Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and is accredited by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA ) to test and certify products (29 CFR Part 1910) for nearly 175 product categories. Thousands of products bearing the MET product safety label are manufactured around the world and sold at all major retailers.
Product safety services include:
- Product Safety Evaluation, Testing and Certification for Electrical Products
- Hazardous Location Certification for Intrinsic safety, Nonincendive equipment and Explosion Proof
- Global product safety compliance
- On-site field testing and evaluation
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing
MET is a global leader in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) regulatory and voluntary testing for commercial, enterprise, automotive, wireless, telecommunications and military manufacturers.
With highly-trained personnel and facilities containing 3, 5, and 10-meter fully anechoic and semi-anechoic chambers, a reverberation chamber, and open area test sites (OATS), MET can test equipment and sites to hundreds of EMC standards or to a custom test plan.
EMC/EMI/RFI services include:
- Emissions and Immunity / Susceptibility testing
- Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) and High-Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) Testing
- Wireless protocol performance testing and Human RF exposure – Specific Absorption Rate (SAR)
- Shielding effectiveness testing
- EMC site surveys and in situ testing
Environmental Simulation Testing
Ensuring the development of reliable and rugged equipment, MET employs dozens of chambers in multiple locations to simulate the harsh conditions caused by mechanical and environmental factors.
Leading avionics, military, telecommunications, meter, and automotive manufacturers utilize MET’s accurate and repeatable computer-controlled systems proving their prototypes and production products.
Environmental simulation services include:
- Seismic, Shock, Vibration, Acceleration testing
- Temperature, Humidity, Altitude, Solar, Fire and Ingress for Sand, Dust and Water
- Life Cycle Testing
- Highly accelerated life testing (HALT)
- Optical Testing