For nearly 40 years, Eurofins MET Labs has been testing electricity meters. Eurofins MET Labs is a full-service testing and certification laboratory providing product safety, EMC, environmental, wireless and telecom testing. Eurofins MET Labs is accredited by A2LA and NVLAP as a testing laboratory and is an A2LA accredited certification body.
Eurofins MET Labs is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) as a Certification Body (CB). As a CB, Eurofins MET Labs provides all the required testing, follow-up inspections and labeling required to sell electrical products in Canada. Eurofins MET Labs is officially approved by SCC to act as an Inspection Body (IB) to perform product safety field inspections in Canada.
Eurofins MET Labs is the only organization to receive recognition from Measurement Canada to test previously approved electricity meters that have been modified and require re-certification.
Eurofins MET Labs is an FCC-designated Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB), authorized to issue Grants of Equipment Authorization, and is recognized by VCCI and BSMI.
Eurofins MET Labs is a Competent Body for the European EMC Directive and a Notified Body for the R&TTE Directive.
Eurofins MET Labs performs wireless testing to greater than 200GHz. Eurofins MET Labs provides RFID regulatory and performance testing, and is the exclusive lab for EPCglobal Inc. for hardware and software certification testing programs.
- First OSHA-licensed Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and is the leading meter testing and certification laboratory in the US
- Only company recognized by Measurement Canada to test electricity meters
- Approved by the Public Service Commission of Maryland to act as a electricity submeter testing laboratory
- Voting member in ANSI C12 Main committee
- Voting member in NIST’s Smart Grid Interoperability Panel (SGIP) Testing & Certification Committee (SGTCC)
- TCB (Telecommunications Certification Body) for FCC
- A2LA-accredited (0591.01, 0591.02, 0591.03, 0591.04, 0591.05, 0591.06)
- NVLAP-accredited (200445-0, 600134-0)
- RF test facility for US, Canadian and international wireless standards
Eurofins MET Labs is the first independent testing laboratory licensed by OSHA under its Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) program, approved to test and certify to over 170 product categories for product safety certification.