5G | OTA | Bluetooth | PTCRB Testing Services
Eurofins E&E Wireless Device Over-the-Air (OTA), 5G Performance, Bluetooth , and PTCRB Testing
Eurofins E&E North America now offers a more comprehenisve testing and certification portfolio for the mobile industry. Our Santa Clara facility is: 5G OTA Bluetooth PTCRB Testing
- Accredited by CTIA and A2LA for the testing of wireless device and OTA performance
- An official Bluetooth® Qualification Test Facility (BQTF)
- An accredited PTCRB Associate Test Laboratory.
As an authorized testing laboratory for CTIA Revision 3.8.X with cellular—including LTE CAT-M1 as well as the CWG Revision 2.1 for the converged devices, Eurofins E&E now offers a comprehensive testing and certification portfolio for the mobile industry that ensures accurate transmitter and receiver performance.
Eurofins E&E also provides FR1 5G sub-6 and FR2 5G mmWave over-the-air (OTA) pre-testing services.
For 5G FR1 (sub-6) OTA testing, Eurofins utilizes the ETS AMS-8815. This theta arm-based anechoic chamber features a frequency range from 400MHz to 10GHz, making it suitable for all FR1 customer testing needs.
For 5G FR2 (mmWave), Eurofins utilizes the ETS AMS-5705 Compact Antenna Test Range (CATR) chamber, which is an ideal solution for 5G mmWave OTA testing. This AMS-5705 chamber is optimized to handle mmWave antenna arrays up to 30cm in diameter and covering a frequency range from 18GHz to 50GHz. Eurofins E&E North America is one of the first commercial labs to commission the mmWave testing chamber.
Both chambers are integrated with the MT8000A and MT8821C state-of-the-art equipment from Anritsu.
As a formally listed BQTF facility listed by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), Eurofins E&E now offers a more comprehensive testing and certification portfolio for the mobile industry. Eurofins E&E will provide Bluetooth manufacturers with support for successful qualification and listing of their products following the rules of the Bluetooth SIG Qualification Program.
The Eurofins E&E Bluetooth testing capabilities include:
- Core Spec Vol 2 Part A Radio Specification, in the Test Suite RF.TS which includes receiver and transmitter tests for Bluetooth Basic Rate (BR) and Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), EDR2 and EDR3.
- Core Spec Vol 6 Part A, Physical Layer Specification, in the Test Suite RF-PHY.TS which includes receiver and transmitter tests for:
- 20 dBm Higher Output Power RF-PHY
- LE 2Mb/s
- Coded PHY (125 kb/s or 500 kb/s)
- Stable Modulation Index
- Fixed 37 bytes packet payload length
- Packet length extensions (packet payload length ranges from 37 bytes to 255 bytes)
PTCRB is a certification program established in 1997 by leading wireless operators to define test specifications and processes to ensure device interoperability on global wireless networks.
PTCRB certification is a requirement for launching cellular devices on the North American GSM carriers, such as AT&T and Verizon (for LTE).
Our Santa Clara facility is a PTCRB Associate Test Laboratory for RSE in GERAN, UTRA, and E-UTRA.
Comprehensive Wireless Testing Services
These services allow us to develop a custom testing process based on our customers’ requirements. Customers who test their devices with Eurofins E&E will be able to take their products to market throughout North America.