30 years ago, MET broke the UL monopoly for product safety testing and certification in the United States. Today, MET is the service leader for product safety approvals – not just in North America, but globally.
MET is qualified to NRTL certify products in over 180 UL Standard categories and can test to an additional 230+ standards for the U.S. market. For Canada, MET maintains a wide scope of SCC accreditation. We also offer expert third-party testing to almost any product safety standard for the European Union or Asia Pacific.
MET-accredited categories include consumer products, information technology and telecommunications products including NEBS equipment, medical devices, and equipment designed for hazardous locations.
Current Product Safety Accreditations Include:
- Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) – OSHA
- Standard Council of Canada (SCC)
- National Certification Body (NCB) – IECEE
- Designated U.S. Conformity Assessment Body (CAB)
- Measurement Canada
- Voluntary Council for Control of Interference (VCCI) (Japan)
- The Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI)