If your product is destined for use in hazardous locations, designing for compliance to both ANSI/UL 1203 and EN/CSA/UL/IEC 60079 allows for a single round of testing to achieve both explosions- and flame-proof status. MET has the chamber capabilities and the technical expertise to help you develop a customized testing plan that meets both requirements for international market acceptance.
With our global market access network and internationally accepted test reports, MET is the first choice for manufacturers seeking certification for international marketplaces. Experienced staff and streamlined testing solutions help to accelerate your time to market and ensure the safety, performance, & reliability of equipment in hazardous locations.
Explosion and Flame Proof Testing Capabilities
- ANSI/UL 1203 Explosion-Proof and Dust-Ignition-Proof Electrical Equipment for Use in Hazardous (Classified) Locations-Third Edition
- IEC/EN/CSA/UL 60079-1: Electrical Apparatus
for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 1:
Flameproof Enclosures “d”
- CSA C22.2 NO. 30: Explosion-Proof Enclosures
for use in Class 1 Hazardous Locations
Our Related Pages and Testing Capabilities:
- Hazardous Location Testing
- MSHA Mine Approvals
- ATEX and IECEx Testing
- Enclosure Testing
- Environmental Simulation Testing
- Hazardous Location On-Site Evaluations