As an independent, third-party testing laboratory, MET Labs has put its substantial skills and resources to work in the consumer arena. MET's NRTL Mark is recognized throughout the United States and Canada. Learn more about MET's product safety certification.
MET's thorough knowledge of industry performance and national safety standards, combined with extensive global testing and certification resources, lets you prove your product before it hits the shelves.
MET’s consumer products testing services:
- Full range of performance testing, including functionality, energy efficiency, durability, reliability, and more
- Testing to established industry and custom standards
- Customized testing to define new standards, set new benchmarks
- Claim substantiation for Federal Trade Commission filings
- Comparative testing to support marketing efforts
- Failure analysis and testing for CPSC filings
- Litigation support testing, expert witness
- Prototype testing and analysis
- Real-time, online project tracking
- 24-hour start for critical projects
- Complimentary design consultation
- Full service laboratories on both coasts
Here's a partial list of consumer products tested by MET:
- Air conditioners
- Aquarium pumps
- Baby monitors
- Battery packs (rechargeable)
- Clothes washers/dryers
- Coffee makers
- Curling irons
- Electric blankets
- Hair dryers
- Portable electric heaters
- Power tools
- Vacuum cleaners
Retailers accept the MET product safety certification label.
See the MET label on some of our customers' products.
Get a quote for consumer product testing and certification.
Some of MET’s Consumer Product Testing customers: