As a leading independent, third-party testing laboratory, MET Labs is an significant tester of consumer products for product safety, electromagnetic compatibility, environmental hardiness, and energy efficiency. MET's NRTL Mark is recognized throughout the United States and Canada.
MET's thorough knowledge of industry performance and national safety standards, combined with extensive global testing and certification resources, lets you prove your product before it hits the shelves.
MET’s consumer products testing services:
- Full range of performance testing, including functionality, energy efficiency, durability, reliability, and more
- Testing to established industry and custom standards
- Customized testing to define new standards, set new benchmarks
- Claim substantiation for Federal Trade Commission filings
- Comparative testing to support marketing efforts
- Failure analysis and testing for CPSC filings
- Litigation support testing, expert witness
- Prototype testing and analysis
- Real-time, online project tracking
- 24-hour start for critical projects
- Complimentary design consultation
- Full service laboratories on both coasts
Here's a partial list of consumer products tested by MET:
- Air conditioners
- Aquarium pumps
- Baby monitors
- Battery packs (rechargeable)
- Clothes washers/dryers
- Coffee makers
- Curling irons
- Electric blankets
- Hair dryers
- Portable electric heaters
- Power tools
- Vacuum cleaners
Retailers accept the MET product safety certification label.
See the MET label on some of our customers' products.
Get a quote for Consumer Product Testing.
Manufacturer: Superior Tool
Product: UltraCut 35728 Cordless Tubing Cutter
Standard: UL 60745-1 & CSA C22.2 60745-1 Hand-Held Motor-Operated Electric Tools
Sold at: Grainger, Amazon, Sears
Some of MET’s other Consumer Product Testing customers: